Saturday, September 25, 2010

Give Blood, Save Lives



Notre Dame- Swedish Horror Metaler's


Halloween is approaching and I've been gearin myself up listening to as much cheesy goth/metal as I can.

Among listening to the obvious Type O Negative, Danzig, Samhain, Cradle of Filth, Black Sabbath (go to Halloween bands I suppose) I resurrected a band I've always loved and have felt quite often that they don't get the appreciation they deserve.

Arguably better than some of the bands I've mentioned, these guys really bring the cheesy pulpyness of early silent/sound horror films to life. I feel like watching an Ed Wood film (Plan 9 From Outer Space!!!!) every time I listen to them. Snowy Shaw multi-musician extrodinaire writes all the songs with a real silly fun kind of attitude yet at the same time the music remains inherantly evil. Taking they're que's from bands I've mentioned as well as the obvious black metal influence surrounding them in Sweden, these guys take you for a ride through hell in a hearse! Shaw formally of Mercyful Fate, King Diamond, Dream Evil, Illwill, and currently doom metaler's Therion (that's a hell of a resume!) hasn't quite made it clear if the band is going to continue. But I sure as hell hope so. What I love about them is they're silly songs and decor are all in good fun, giving off the impression they don't take themselves to seriously....

Anyway if you've heard em' then good job, your ahead of the game. If you haven't....do yourself a favor and get all albums by Notre Dame! If your at all a fan of fun ass kickin' goth metal or even horror films you will not be let down. But if you want just one to feel em' out a bit I'd say go with Le Theatre Du Vampire. That one really kicks out the jams from start to finish. Here's a lil taste to wet your whistle.


Le Theatre Du Vampire

Boufoon Bloody Boufoon

Munsters!

Scarecrows (can't find this on any albums!)

Dracula Sucks!

My Ride Into Afterlyfe

Abbatoir du Noir


Oh yeah forgot to mention, that pretty hot chick in the first picture is also in the band. She goes by the name Vampirella, pretty clever huh?

Alright. Time to go watch Pumpkinhead and pass out.
-Emperor Vampirion


1 comment: