Saturday, July 24, 2010

Being a lazy Sack-Saturdays


Flight of the Conchords Season 1 and 2
(Flute of the Commadores)

Man, I can't get enough of these Kiwi's. I really hope they are signed up for a third season. Although I have to say by the end of the second season of Flight of the Conchords was getting a little stale. The actual plots of many of the episodes was great, I just felt the new songs didn't seem as cleverly querky and funny as the first season. Needless to say I still loved season 2.

I am happy to see Jermaine Clement taking on much more full length film roles with Eagle Vs. Shark(2007) and the much anticipated remake of Dinner For Shmucks(2010). What is Brett (Brit?) doing with his career? Seeing the two of them in Tim and Eric Awesome Show was a pleasant surprise.
Heres one of my personal favorite ballads.

I'd also like to stop hearing the comparison of Tenacious D to Flight of the Conchords. Sure maybe the show owes some of its debt to the D, but lets face it the Conchords took the D's formula and polished it to perfection and put there own Kiwi twist on it. I love Jack Black and all of the Tenacious D episodes (and even the full length film) but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Brett and Jermaine have really spawned something better than the D with FOTC.

Although the show is ultimately written by the two of them, I believe it is really Murray Hewitt's performance (the band manager) that really takes the cake. I haven't seen someone with such good comedic timing since shit I don't know....a long damn time. Perhaps its just his New Zealandness that throws me off and makes it funnier?

Here is the best of Murray season 2


Oh, and we must not forget Flight of the Conchords all time best (and only) fan Mel. The worlds best stalker.

Enjoy your Saturdays people.
-Emperor Vampirion


No comments:

Post a Comment